Assistant Farm Manager
Full-time/Seasonal, posted 2/14/19
Working in close cooperation with the Farm Director and Lead Farmer, the Assistant Farm Manager will assist in all areas of field production and help to ensure the farm is operating efficiently. Responsibilities include participation in all aspects of vegetable, herb, and flower production on 3-8 acres: seeding; greenhouse management; cultivation and field prep; transplanting; weed and pest management; harvesting, washing, and marketing crops. The Assistant Farm Manager will help with farm plans and schedules and will be involved with the distribution of crops via wholesale and retail channels. The right candidate will be self-motivated, possess a good work ethic and have excellent communication skills.
- 2-4 years of experience in organic produce production
- At least one season working in a supervisory role
- Ability work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong commitment to organic and sustainable farming practices
- Ability to lead interns and seasonal staff in seeding, transplanting, weeding, and greenhouse management
- Comfortably able to lift 50lbs
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to safely operate tractors and other farm equipment preferred, but not required
- Wholesale and retail marketing experience preferred, but not required
Schedule & Compensation
The Assistant Farm Manager is expected to work 40 to 48 hours a week in all weather conditions. Some weekend work is required. We offer an hourly compensation of $18-24, DOE. This position is scheduled to run mid-March through early December. Housing is not provided.
To apply, email a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 references, including ‘Assistant Farm Manager’ in the subject line.