Part-time, posted 7/11/19
The Friends of Hilltop Hanover Farm is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
- Develop system to account for financial transactions by establishing a Chart of Accounts
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Coordinate bank deposits
- Monitor office expenses and tally and enter cash receipts
- Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Prepare annual sales tax filing
- Submit payroll for processing
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Receive and approve invoices; prepare checks for signing
- Generate 1099’s
- Assist with budget preparations
- Assist accountants with tax preparations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- Experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Able to prepare, review and understand a financial statement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks
Schedule & Compensation
This is a part-time position that is anticipated to require 4-8 hours per week. Some work may be done remotely, but most work will be done from our office in Yorktown Heights. Compensation DOE.
To apply, email a brief letter of interest, resume, a list of 3 references, and desired salary. Please note ‘Bookkeeper’ in the subject line.