The Friends of Hilltop Hanover Farm and Environmental Center (FHHFEC) are committed to remaining a source of fresh local produce for our community and a safe space for outdoor activity. Our grounds remain open Tuesday-Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm.
In response to the ongoing health and safety concerns due to the Covid-19 pandemic and based on current New York State and CDC guidance, we will operate with the following modifications for the 2021 season (until further notice):
- All staff and visitors to the farm who are OUTSIDE and are fully vaccinated are not required to wear a mask or practice social distancing.
- Those who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear a mask and adhere to social distancing practices outdoors. This includes the parking lot areas and composting toilets.
- Produce and products from the farm stand are available in our online store and by shopping onsite. The farm stand will be open to the public under use and occupancy restrictions.
- Identified buildings are opened to the public for scheduled events under limited occupancy and restricted to no more than 50% of the certified maximum occupancy for a particular area. Masks are required for all when indoors (any building, including the farm stand, on the property).
- The farm production fields are closed to the public until further notice.
- Office visits are by appointment only.
- All guests, staff, volunteers, program and event attendees, students and farm customers who will be entering any building are required to sign in and out on a log, certifying they do not have symptoms nor have they had recent exposure to Covid-19 within the last 14 days.
- Proper and frequent hand washing by employees is enforced.
- We have increased sanitizing of facilities and shared tools. We are using a disinfecting product that is registered with the EPA and labeled for human coronavirus, is food safe, and allowable for use on organic farms.
We will continue to take every possible precaution to keep a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and farm visitors and we thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this difficult time.