The Friends of Hilltop Hanover Farm and Environmental Center (FHHFEC) are committed to remaining a source of fresh local produce for our community and a safe space for outdoor activity. Our grounds remain open Tuesday-Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm.
In response to the ongoing health and safety concerns due to the Covid-19 pandemic and based on current New York State and CDC guidance, we will operate with the following modifications for the 2021 season:
- All visitors to the farm are required to wear a mask and adhere to social distancing practices. This includes the parking lot areas and composting toilets.
- Produce and products from the farm stand are available using our online ordering and curbside pick-up system. The farm stand will be open to the public under use and occupancy restrictions.
- Identified buildings are opened to the public for scheduled events under limited occupancy and restricted to no more than 50% of the certified maximum occupancy for a particular area.
- The farm production fields are closed to the public until further notice.
- Public restrooms closed until further notice.
- Office visits are by appointment only.
- All guests, staff, volunteers, program and event attendees, students and farm customers who will be entering any building are required to sign in and out on a log, certifying they do not have symptoms nor have they had recent exposure to Covid-19 within the last 14 days.
- All employees must practice social distancing at all times.
- Proper and frequent hand washing by employees is enforced.
- Face coverings and gloves are provided and will be used by employees.
- We have increased sanitizing of facilities and shared tools. We are using a disinfecting product that is registered with the EPA and labeled for human coronavirus, is food safe, and allowable for use on organic farms.
We will continue to take every possible precaution to keep a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and farm visitors and we thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this difficult time.