Work with Us!
Hilltop Hanover Farm & Environmental Center is a sustainable farm and educational center located on 60 acres in Yorktown Heights, NY. We grow vegetables on 7 acres for a market-style CSA, on-site farm stand, and wholesale clients. The farm hosts educational classes and school groups and is open to the public free of charge. Our mission is to provide our community with healthy produce and to teach others to do the same.
We have multiple positions available for the 2019 season. Click each title for full job description and application instructions.
Part-time, posted 7/11/19
The Friends of Hilltop Hanover Farm is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
- Develop system to account for financial transactions by establishing a Chart of Accounts
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
- Monitor office expenses and tally and enter cash receipts
- Pay vendor invoices and track bank account balances
- Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Prepare annual sales tax filing
- Submit payroll for processing
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Perform detailed research/adjustment functions
- Receive and approve invoices; prepare checks for signing
- Generate 1099’s and W-2’s
- Assists with budget preparations
- Assist accountants with tax preparations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- Experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Able to prepare, review and understand a financial statement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks
Schedule & Compensation
This is a part-time position that is anticipated to require 4-8 hours per week. Some work may be done remotely, but most work will be done from our office in Yorktown Heights. Compensation DOE.
To apply, email a brief letter of interest, resume, a list of 3 references, and desired salary. Please note ‘Bookkeeper’ in the subject line.
Part-time/Seasonal, posted 7/11/19 (multiple positions available)
Our part-time Farm Educators assist in leading farm visits and educational programs at Hilltop Hanover Farm. Farm Educators interact with students and teachers, delivering fun, engaging programs in support of our mission.
- Lead students on field trips at the farm
- Engage students in hands-on activities in the field and classroom
- Assist with scheduling and coordination of school group programs, as needed
- Assist with ordering supplies for educational programs, as needed
- Perform garden and farm tasks, as needed, to support our educational program
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with leading groups of children, youth, and adults
- An enthusiasm for sustainable agriculture and the ability to communicate these concepts in a fun and engaging way to diverse audiences of all ages
- Strong group management skills
- Comfort working independently and as part of a team
- Clear communication skills
- Comfortably able to lift 30lbs, can walk up to 2 miles
- Must pass background check to work around children
Schedule and Compensation
Farm Educators are employed with a part-time, on-call schedule. We run programs every day in the fall months, and less frequently in winter through summer. On days when Farm Educators are scheduled, hours may range from 2 to 6. Our programs run in all weather conditions except thunderstorms. We offer an hourly compensation of $18/hour. We are unable to offer housing, but may be able to provide suggestions for local rentals.
To apply, email a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 references. Please include ‘Farm Educator’ in the subject line.