Job Title: Executive Assistant
Job type: Full time, year-round
Last updated: 4/11/22
Hilltop Hanover Farm & Environmental Center is a working farm and educational center located on 60 acres in Yorktown Heights, NY. Using organic practices, we grow vegetables, herbs, and flowers for a market-style CSA, on-site farm stand, U-Pick produce field, native plant nursery, and wholesale clients and donations. The farm offers programs that teach and inspire our community about sustainable agriculture, environmental stewardship, and watershed protection. We welcome school groups throughout the year and the farm property is open to the public free of charge.
Scope of Work
A key member of our team, this position is a lynchpin designed to facilitate communications across our small, mission-driven organization. Responsibilities span supporting the director with administrative tasks, donor management, grants tracking and research, management of multiple technology applications, and creation of visual and social marketing content. A face of the farm, this individual will often be the first person to greet members of the public, trades people, Friends partners, Westchester County employees and donors.
- Support Director as needed
- Occasional support for Board of Directors
- Manage donor and grant data using Salesforce, develop reports to aid communications and prospecting
- Support event planning, marketing, set up and day-of management
- Manage and update www.hilltophanoverfarm.org
- Conduct outreach to local news and community outlets
- Administer social media accounts; regularly post on social media
- Administer Google Workspace, Salesforce for Nonprofits, Square
- Establish visually pleasing branding across all communications including print, e-newsletters,social media
- Assist with ordering, bill pay, and record keeping.
- Minimum three years experience in positions that included administrative support for executive or director level positions, communications development and event management
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational skills
- Familiarity and comfort with multiple technology solutions, including website management; ability to troubleshoot issues
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to manage multiple projects on overlapping timelines
- Ability to personably interact with the public (all ages from young children to seniors) as well as donors, partners, tradespeople and vendors
- Must be able to work at a desk/computer for lengthy periods of time
- Must be willing and able to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Enthusiasm for mission-driven work that includes delivery of healthy food, supporting the food insecure, educating on all aspects of sustainable practices
- Must pass a background check
- Familiarity with Google Workspace, Salesforce, Square, Firespring, Payment Spring, Quickbooks, Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in small, nonprofit organizations
Schedule & Compensation
Position is full time, paid based on an hourly, 40-hour work week and includes occasional evening and weekend work. Benefits include an HRA stipend, paid holidays/time off earned on accrual basis. Hourly rate commensurate with experience. Start date is ASAP.
To apply, please email a cover letter detailing your interest in the position, a resume and a list of three references. Include “Executive Assistant” in the subject line and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.