Part-time/Seasonal, posted 7/11/19 (multiple positions available)
Our part-time Farm Educators assist in leading farm visits and educational programs at Hilltop Hanover Farm. Farm Educators interact with students and teachers, delivering fun, engaging programs in support of our mission.
- Lead students on field trips at the farm
- Engage students in hands-on activities in the field and classroom
- Assist with scheduling and coordination of school group programs, as needed
- Assist with ordering supplies for educational programs, as needed
- Perform garden and farm tasks, as needed, to support our educational program
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with leading groups of children, youth, and adults
- An enthusiasm for sustainable agriculture and the ability to communicate these concepts in a fun and engaging way to diverse audiences of all ages
- Strong group management skills
- Comfort working independently and as part of a team
- Clear communication skills
- Comfortably able to lift 30lbs, can walk up to 2 miles
- Must pass background check to work around children
Schedule and Compensation
Farm Educators are employed with a part-time, on-call schedule. We run programs every day in the fall months, and less frequently in winter through summer. On days when Farm Educators are scheduled, hours may range from 2 to 6. Our programs run in all weather conditions except thunderstorms. We offer an hourly compensation of $18/hour. We are unable to offer housing, but may be able to provide suggestions for local rentals.
To apply, email a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 references. Please include ‘Farm Educator’ in the subject line.