Field Crew (Vegetable Production)
Full-time/Seasonal, posted 1/6/21 (1-2 positions available)
We have 1-2 open Field Crew positions for the 2021 season. Our full season runs from mid-April through November, but start and end dates for Field Crew positions are flexible.
Field Crew members will assist in all areas of field production and help to ensure the farm is operating efficiently. Responsibilities include participation in all aspects of vegetable, herb, and flower production on 3-4 acres: seeding; greenhouse management; transplanting; weeding; harvesting, washing, and marketing crops. Field Crew members will help set-up and staff our farm stand, which is open to the public and our CSA members on Fridays and Saturdays, from late April to late November. We are willing to train individuals interested in learning about sustainable agriculture and are seeking applicants that are self-motivated, possess a good work ethic and have excellent communication skills.
- Assist with propagation, bed preparation, transplanting, irrigation, weeding, and greenhouse management
- Work efficiently during harvesting, processing, washing, and packing
- Maintain high energy in a faced paced environment
Skills and Qualifications
- 1-2 seasons of experience working in agriculture or horticulture preferred, but not required
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Detail oriented
- Ability to be flexible with daily tasks
- Clear communication skills
- Strong commitment to organic and sustainable farming practices
- Comfortably able to lift 50lbs
- Valid NY Driver’s License
- Retail experience is a plus
Field Crew members are expected to work 40 hours a week in all weather conditions. Some weekend work is required. We offer an hourly compensation of $14-18/hour, DOE. We are unable to offer housing at this time.
To apply, please email a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 references, including ‘Field Crew’ in the subject line. If you are not available for the whole season from April to November, please state the dates you are available in your cover letter.