Veterans' Program Coordinator
Working in close cooperation with the Farm Director, the Veterans' Program Coordinator will help launch a new Veterans' Agriculture and Workforce training program at Hilltop Hanover Farm. Using our farm as an outdoor classroom, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for creating and delivering farm-based programming focused on basic job skills and healthy living to a group of 4-8 veterans who are looking to re-enter the workforce. The right candidate will be self-motivated, possess a good work ethic and have excellent communication skills.
Our pilot program will run for 6 weeks, beginning in late September or early October. Program participants will be on site four days per week (Tues-Fri) for four hours a day. The Coordinator is expected to develop hands-on learning activities based on available site resources, which include: 4 acres of production fields, 6 acres of pasture, display gardens, pollinator habitat, heated greenhouse, unheated high tunnel, retail farm stand, and native plant nursery. An assistant farmer will be available to help with program delivery and overseeing farm/garden tasks.
- 2-4 years experience in formal or informal education; preference for environmental educators and/or prior experience working in outdoor classrooms
- Experience teaching and supervising adults
- Ability to monitor participants’ learning pace and adjust program accordingly
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and train program participants in general workforce preparedness using farming/gardening activities
- Working knowledge of sustainable agriculture and organic gardening
- Comfortably able to lift 40lbs
- Valid driver’s license
Schedule and Compensation
The Program Coordinator schedule requires a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week (Tuesday-Friday, 8:00am-1:00pm), but up to 40 hours/week may be available. This position can be filled as a part-time, seasonal position or as contract employment; salary DOE. Position runs from September to November.
To apply, please email a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 references. Include ‘Program Coordinator' in the subject line. More information about our farm is available at hilltophanoverfarm.org