Join our team!
Hilltop Hanover Farm & Environmental Center is a 60-acre working farm and educational center that uses organic practices to grow produce, flowers, and native plants sold through an on-site farm stand. The farm welcomes school groups throughout the year and the farm property is open to the public free of charge.
Under direct supervision, an incumbent in this class is responsible for performing work related to the care and maintenance of facilities and grounds. This position is required to perform ordinary protective service in general and specific upkeep of facilities and in the care of tools and equipment. Assignments are outlined in detail and work is frequently checked by inspection.
- Maintain a positive attitude and team mentality!
- Regular janitorial duties
- Brush clearing
- Fence repair
- Light carpentry assistance
- General infrastructure/facilities keep-up
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 1-2 year working in facilitates maintenance
- Ability to work in all weather conditions while maintaining self-awareness of personal needs and safety
- Detail oriented
- Ability to be flexible with daily tasks
- Clear communication skills, open to receiving feedback
- Strong commitment to organic and sustainable farming practices
- Comfortably able to lift 40lbs
- Ability to properly communicate with the public
- Background Check required. People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply.
Our schedule is pretty consistent: 7:30am - 3:00pm, Monday - Friday. Occasionally, will be asked to move hours around to work some weekends.
Team members have access to free vegetables during the summer months and get 30% off all other products sold in the Farm Stand.
Position are available starting as early as 1/1/2024.
Available positions range from 30-35 hours per week.
Starting pay is $16 an hour with incremental yearly raises based on performance.
To apply: Send an email to email@example.com a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 references, including ‘Maintenance Job Posting’ in the subject line. Please include your earliest possible start date in your cover letter.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER